Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Saturday, May 10, 2014

New Restaurant Seeking To Fill Indian Food Void In Salisbury

SALISBURY – Tariq Jilani’s dream came to fruition when he opened Taj Mahal Restaurant and Tea House in Salisbury in October of 2013, bringing authentic Indian/Pakistani cuisine to the area.

T.J. left Pakistan in 1974 when he moved to London. In 1977, he moved to the U.S. and attended Long Island University in New York. He landed himself a job in the accounting department of the Rainbow Room in the Rockefeller Plaza in New York City.

“My inclination was always in the kitchen,” he said. “My job was controlling the costs of the kitchen, so I had a lot of interaction with the chefs and the kitchen staff, which fascinated me about this business.”

Following the Rainbow Room, Jilani assisted in opening and operating La Camelia in NYC.
More

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Have eaten there a few times. Always delicious. Even took a few folks who had never tried Indian food and they loved it. I hope they do well.

Anonymous said...

Oh my im glad I saw this post, didn't realize we had a indian restaurant, now I do cant wait to go, just love their food.

Anonymous said...

Love this place. Delicious food and attentive service. Hope it stays successful.

Anonymous said...

Great place for authentic Indian chow!

Anonymous said...

Had a wonderful lunch there yesterday. The owner was there and gave great attention to all of his customers. The food was excellent!

Anonymous said...

Where is this restaurant located?

Anonymous said...

Thanks for posting, didn't realize we had an Indian restaurant. Always said Salisbury was missing a great opportunity. I plan on checking it out.

Anonymous said...

I love Indian food and will check it out at my next opportunity.

Anonymous said...

Definitely come check us out! We're closed on Mondays but otherwise feel free to swing by - TJ =)