Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Friday, March 21, 2014

BRUCE FOWLER CONVICTED OF TWO COUNTS-SEXUAL ABUSE OF MINOR

On March 21, 2014, Bruce Earl Fowler, age 67, of Fruitland, Maryland, pleaded guilty to two counts of sexual abuse of minor committed upon two children. The State expects sentencing to be held April 1, 2014.

On November 5, 2013, an eight year old child disclosed sexual abuse at the hands of Fowler. Upon interview, Fowler admitted inappropriate contact with the child. Another child, age six years, also disclosed sexual abuse at the hands of Fowler. Fowler was a retired paramedic.

Wicomico County State’s Attorney Matthew A. Maciarello commended the Wicomico Child Advocacy Center and its partners (Maryland State Police, Wicomico County Sheriff’s Office, Salisbury Police Department, Department of Social Services and Life Crisis Center) for their work in the investigation and prosecution of this case.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

If he goes to prison he will become Bubba's girlfriend

Anonymous said...

I am so sad. I have known Bruce well for more than 35 years. He has done so much good for so many people. I just don't understand, I can't comprehend how and why this happened. I am sad, I am confused, I am disgusted, I just can imagine what would lead a good person to make this terrible a decision. To Bruce, I will always remember how much good you've done and accomplished....but unfortunately, it will be tainted by these senseless acts.

Anonymous said...

S I C K O!!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Thank God it's over. I hope he gets a deserving punishment. He's a monster. Pure evil.

None said...

I too have known Bruce for the better part of 30 years. I grew up with his daughters. He was such a kind man who like you said has done so much good for so many people. I am deeply saddened by this. All I can say is God bless all the family involved and I pray that God would have mercy on Bruce.

Anonymous said...

Torture would be fitting.

Anonymous said...

Great work by the CAC. It is so sad that Bruce of all people would ever hurt a child. My heart goes out to the the victim's family. Bruce there was a side to you none of us could have seen. I just dont get it.

Anonymous said...

Those of you that continue to go on and on about what a great man Bruce was and all the great things he has done for people are making me sick! I too have known Bruce for some time and from the minute I met him I recognized that he was a sick bastard! I find it extremely difficult to understand how so many others failed to recognize this! Instead let's commend these brave, smart and courageous children for having the nerve to speak up about the abuse that they endured while in his care. Let's pray for their healing! He is pure evil and stole their beautiful innocence and can not be behind bars long enough!

Anonymous said...

Think these are the only 2 kids?? You'd be very wrong. I also knew Bruce since I was a child and grew up with his girls. Nice? Sure- many manipulative predators are. He has been accused before but denied it then as he tried to do this time. He has ALWAYS been inappropriate and a creep. He just finally actually got caught, is all, and this time it wasn't just adults he was caught cheating on his ex wife and then more recently, his fiancee with. He's truly ill. Good work to all agencies involved in ending the abuse of his latest couple of victims.

Anonymous said...

Today is the day. I hope for healing for the girls involved and their familes. No one becomes a child molester at 60 something! This wasn't the first time. NO WAY! I hope he rots for the pain he has caused.