Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Wednesday, March 12, 2014

A Comment Worthy Of A Post 3-12-14 FRUITLAND

Joe,

Just to set the record straight on a couple of items here, I did not vote for the cameras (in fact, I wasn't even on the Council) and I do not support and did not vote for Landlord Licensing. I fought it as hard as I could. I spoke with dozens of taxpayers about this ordinance and had/have concerns over how the implementation of this ordinance will only create a bigger government and really do nothing more than the International Property Maintenance Code that we passed less than a year ago does for us not. The only thing that Landlord licensing does is basically allow an inspector to gain access to your home and inspect every 5 years. We don't need to grow the size of the government right now. We also were proposed with the idea of taking a 4 year police grant position and making it permanent. Again, we can't afford it right now, I voted no, the motion passed to allow it 3-2. Although l think our Police Department does an excellent job, but we have enough officers and just can't afford it. The time of the work sessions are set by the entire group. Personally, I do not see anything wrong with them being during the day if that is when it works for everyone. If the particular poster who seems to be so obsessed with me that has posted half a dozen comments (for whatever reason) looks around, government work sessions are held during the day. Nothing out of the ordinary. To that poster, you need to get a life. I doubt seriously that you work with me. While you are busy worrying about agendas and times....click on the minutes page and you can see what actually occurred at the meeting and who supported what. There is an election coming up in October, feel free sign up...

Thanks, Lee Outen

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You can do it Lee!

Anonymous said...

I will bet money that Lee will not do it again. Why would he want to? One time is probably all that most people would want.