Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Monday, December 23, 2013

Lost Dogs 12-23-13: UPDATE

Hi Joe. 

My husband was out yesterday afternoon with our 2 Blue Tick Rabbit dogs Mac and Lily on the public hunting area off of Backbone Rd in Princess Anne when a deer ran across their path and they took off. He and my daughter spent hours yesterday and again this morning looking for them to no avail. I have contacted Somerset Animal control with my information in case someone finds them. The both have leather collars with an ID tag with our number on it. I know you have a lot of followers of SBYNews and was hoping you would post this in case someone finds them. 
Thank You.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hope you find them. For peace of mind you may want to check out PetTronix. They make a GSP collar along with a handheld monitor. You can program 2 collars into the monitor. There is no monthly fee as it is with those that are connected to cell phones.
I believe PetTronix is also having a special.
One thing I would recommend is to get 2 extra batteries and possibly another charger. My dogs wear the collars all day 7am-9pm give or take. The monitor battery needs replacing during this time period. My Anatolian shepherds aren't roamers nor chasers but since you can never be certain with dogs, these collars save me from constantly looking out the windows for them. At a glance I can see how many feet away they are and in what direction.

Anonymous said...

Sadly running deer can be a problem with beagles; once they get the scent they are gone. we have had 6 that took off 11 days ago, have all back except 2 now. Just keep going back and calling them and riding and looking for them, eventually they will get tired of the elements and work their way back to where they were turned out. good luck.

Anonymous said...

That's exactly what my husband has been doing for the last 5 days. Twice a day back to the woods and it paid off. He finally found them just before dark tonight. Other than being extremely tired and losing some weight they are in good condition. Hope you find your last 2 Beagles.

Anonymous said...

8:54 Someone found a female beagle over near Fruitland the other day. Look on Eastern Shore Craigslist.