Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Thursday, December 26, 2013

A&E Celebrates Christmas By Showing 25 Episodes In A Row Of “Duck Dynasty”

“I think, honestly, it’s A&E trying to play both sides of the coin,” [said Cate Meighan, senior writer for Celeb Dirty Laundry]. 

“They’ve come out and not supported Phil’s statements… however they’re also looking at the backlash from the fans, and they have a huge amount of backlash from the fans... It is really a money thing... You’re going to have the same people tuning into ‘Duck Dynasty’ that always have and the same people not watching that always have.”

She said at the end of the day, the series will likely continue if the advertisers continue rush to air ads during the series.... “Unfortunately people are secondary,” she said. “At the end of every single thing that we see it’s about the money and the advertising.”

More

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I like the show, and agree with Phil's point of view, and disagree with A&E's stance.

Therefore, I will watch the shows, and make a list of their advertisers, then boycotting them.

Best of both worlds.

I hope they find a new network that supports their love of Mankind.

Anonymous said...

Jesus, give it a rest people!

Anonymous said...

I may be wrong but the only program on A&E that I watch now is DD. I do this to show my support to the Robertson family. Even knowing they are reruns. Am I wrong? map

Anonymous said...


A suggestion for 8:51
I don't watch the show because I dropped cable some time back but I understand the show is a big hit.

I support Phil's right to express himself, and think A&E stepped in it big time in their knee-jerk reaction to complaints from folks who were very unlikely to be viewers of the show.

Advertisers for this were likely lined up well before this issue arose. Some of them may be folks you already patronize.

Why not write them a letter or email congratulating them for sticking by Phil by their continued advertising instead of threatening a boycott? The boycott is a tool of the bullies who started this.

Just a thought...

Queensgirl52 said...

A&E should have seen this coming a mile away. Who did they think the majority of the show's audience are, the groups that were insulted?

Anonymous said...

11:09-And the majority of the Cracker Barrel paying customers fall into the same category.CB didn't see it coming either and they had already seen what happened to A&E.