Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Commentary: Medicare A Model Of Efficiency Compared To Obamacare

I got my Medicare card in the mail last month. I had some chagrin at reaching the age to qualify for Medicare, and I had been procrastinating about applying.

It was five days into the federal government sort-of-shutdown on a Saturday morning that I went onto the Social Security web site to apply for part A, which covers hospitalization. I knew that some units of the Social Security Administration (SSA) were supposed to be working.

This unit clearly was. I quickly filled in my information, submitted the data and promptly got back an e-mail from www.ssa.gov: “We hope you found our online Benefit Application convenient to use and easy to understand.”

Read more

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

There were many in the beginning that said medicare would never work too.

Anonymous said...

So what would have been wrong with medicare for all? Money for insurance companies that is why.