Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Friday, August 23, 2013

New Md. Smoke Alarm Laws For Homeowners

Homeowners are reminded twice a year to check their smoke alarms at daylight savings time, but Maryland is throwing residents an early curve ball this year by changing itssmoke alarm law.

All smoke alarms have expiration dates, not just the batteries inside them.

If you have a feeling your smoke alarm is older than the Pixar movie "Finding Nemo," or the song "Crazy in Love" by Beyonce, it's time to change out the whole unit.

More 

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

What? Are they going house to house to inspect smoke detector manufacture dates?

Anonymous said...

These lawmakers can kiss my rosy cheeks

Anonymous said...

Gone With The Wind is more like it.

Butch Cassidy said...

Mine has expired.
Come and get me!!!!

Anonymous said...

I have 3 bedrooms across the hall from each other...should I just line them up in a row? I think not! I currently have one in the middle of them....and the other one works fine every time I start cooking!

Anonymous said...

The next step is to rule the insurance companies can get out of paying a claim if the detector or battery is "illegal". But leave those Messicans alone...

Anonymous said...

Are we going to subsidize this too? What if I spent all of my ebt money on maddog, lobster and crack? I won't have the funds to buy the alarm. We need free alarms!