Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Tuesday, January 01, 2013

‘VULGAR’: KATHY GRIFFIN KISSES ANDERSON COOPER’S CROTCH DURING LIVE NYE SHOW

Comedian Kathy Griffin is known for spawning both hilarity and controversy. During CNN’s live New Year’s Eve show, there was no shortage of the latter. In a move that some have called“vulgar,” Griffin made sexual jokes directed at co-host Anderson Cooper and then proceeded to kiss his crotch after midnight.

Griffin first raised eyebrows during the show by telling Cooper, “I’m going to tickle your sack.” Then, as the CNN host attempted to sway the conversation away from controversy, the back-and-forth intensified. Newsbusters recaps the dialogue:
An obviously nervous Cooper responded, “I don’t know what you’re talking about. I have no sack of gifts here.”

Griffin then suggested the camera pan lower so the audience can see her “naughty gestures.”

When Cooper continued to try and clean it up by referring to a sack of Christmas presents, Griffin asked, “You’re calling your privates your Christmas presents?”

When Cooper said, “No,” Griffin said, “That’s typical hot guy. ‘Let’s open up the Christmas presents.’”
More 

19 comments:

Anonymous said...

She is not at all a funny person.Why they continue to have her on the New Years show is a mystery.As soon as I saw her I changed the channel.

Anonymous said...

That sounds pretty funny to me.

People need to lighten up.

Anonymous said...

6:12
Funny.....Really ?

Anonymous said...

"That sounds pretty funny to me."

You are entitled to your opinion - as I am entitled to mine. This doesn't even classify as vulgar. Juvenile, low-class, and ignorant. Bet she voted for Obama.

Anonymous said...

She knows he is gay and was making him look like a fool.

Anonymous said...

Isn't she the one so APPALLED by being just touched by Clay Aiken?
YES, SHE IS!

Anonymous said...

She's foul and vulgar, NOT funny! Every time something like this is allowed to be shown on television (they could have easily had a five second broadcasting delay, especially knowing how nasty and foul Kathy Griffin can be). TV producers get to lower the bar/the standard for broadcasting, for what's acceptable to show. How many kids under their teen age years do you think saw her? If it were not the desired outcome for networks (televised promiscuity) they would be producing and/or promoting cleaner, more wholesome television programing. She did exactly what they probably expected and wanted. American families lose, through this repetitive indoctrination i.e. acceptance. Had this happened in the 1950's or 60's, the broadcasters would be without American owned airwaves today. Nasty!

JoeAlbero said...

I personally cannot stand the sight of this woman and hope she is banned for good from television.

Anonymous said...

Unbelievable and indicative of what is wrong in our culture today.

Mr. Mcgranor said...

It is called crass, and sexual humor.

Anonymous said...

I agree with Joe. Why is this woman still on TV??? I have a great sense of humor, but this woman is not funny whatsoever. She's annoying & repulsive.

JoeAlbero said...

anonymous 7:42, AMEN.

My Grandson sat up watching that show last night. Unfortunately I fell asleep, knowing I could TRUST CNN and their broadcasting. I had NO IDEA she had gone that far and quite frankly I am very upset about it.

That being said, I will never watch CNN ever again.

JoeAlbero said...

I'll add, IF this is the future of television I will cancel my Direct TV account.

Anonymous said...

In a word, asinine. In two words, sexual harassment. In another two words, bad taste.

Anonymous said...

7:45 yes you will. Where else will you get your "news"

Anonymous said...

I can only imagine what Gloria Vanderbilt (Anderson's mother) is thinking. She's a true lady-the epitome of refinement, grace and superb taste and manners.

Ray Wisniewski said...

Well my Irish Cream was working at the time, but I think people should email CNN and let them know how they feel.

Left Wicomico said...

Not sure what CNN was thinking bringing her on. What did they expect to happen? Very inappropriate.

With that said, however, I wish I was Anderson in this video.

Anonymous said...

Just think, Kathy Griffin has had thousands of dollars worth of cosmetic surgery done too, and she STILL looks like that.You would act out to get attention too.She is not remotely funny.