Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Saturday, December 08, 2012

QUOTES OF THE DAY 12-8-12

“Above all, don’t lie to yourself. The man who lies to himself and listens to his own lie comes to a point that he cannot distinguish the truth within him, or around him, and so loses all respect for himself and for others. And having no respect he ceases to love.”
― Fyodor Dostoyevsky, The Brothers Karamazov

“I’m not upset that you lied to me, I’m upset that from now on I can’t believe you.”
― Friedrich Nietzsche

“It is better to offer no excuse than a bad one.”
― George Washington

“Clinton lied. A man might forget where he parks or where he lives, but he never forgets oral sex, no matter how bad it is.”
― Barbara Bush

“I have a higher and grander standard of principle than George Washington. He could not lie; I can, but I won’t.”
― Mark Twain

“Ask me no questions, and I’ll tell you no lies.”
― Oliver Goldsmith

“History is a set of lies agreed upon.”
― Napoleon Bonaparte

No comments: