Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Sunday, December 16, 2012

QUOTES OF THE DAY 12-16-12

“I hope that real love and truth are stronger in the end than any evil or misfortune in the world.”
Charles Dickens

“Have a heart that never hardens, and a temper that never tires, and a touch that never hurts.”
Charles Dickens

“Never close your lips to those whom you have already opened your heart.”
Charles Dickens

“It is a fair, even-handed, noble adjustment of things, that while there is infection in disease and sorrow, there is nothing in the world so irresistibly contagious as laughter and good humour.”
Charles Dickens, A Christmas Carol

“Heaven knows we need never be ashamed of our tears, for they are rain upon the blinding dust of earth, overlying our hard hearts. I was better after I had cried, than before–more sorry, more aware of my own ingratitude, more gentle.”
Charles Dickens, Great Expectations

“It is a far, far better thing that I do, than I have ever done; it is a far, far better rest that I go to than I have ever known.”
Charles Dickens, A Tale of Two Cities

“Suffering has been stronger than all other teaching, and has taught me to understand what your heart used to be. I have been bent and broken, but – I hope – into a better shape.”
Charles Dickens, Great Expectations

“No one is useless in this world who lightens the burdens of another.”
Charles Dickens

“It was the best of times, it was the worst of times.”
Charles Dickens, A Tale of Two Cities

No comments: