Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Sunday, September 23, 2012

Excuses, Excuses

I don't know about you but I've been down and out for more than three weeks now with some kind of bug. I only mention this because I feel the need to apologize to all of you for my lack of local news coverage during that time. To be completely honest with you, there's two reasons/excuses. One, on many of the days I've been sick I'd get up early in the morning and put up Posts and by noon time I'd be so out of it I'd have to go lay down and take a nap. The second excuse is that I didn't want to attend any meetings and spread whatever it is I've been going through. That being said, I'm still only about 50% of what I usually am but I'm on the road to recovery. No matter what though, we're still delivering news and information just as regular as we usually do each day. I'm hoping this week to get out more and get back into the swing of local things. While I hate making excuses, this bug truly got the best of me. To those of you who have unfortunately experienced whatever this bug is, I know you understand. I feel your pain, believe me.

15 comments:

Anonymous said...

I've also got it. By noon I'm back in bed. No idea what it is but it's draining every ounch of energy out of me. Hope you are back to the Joe we all know and love real soon.

Anonymous said...

It's a bug going around aggravated by the allergens which are common in the air this time of year.
Keeping yourself hydrated does wonders as does rest. Try going on a fruit/vegatable diet for a day or atleast make them a main part of your diet. Even canned fruit is okay. Stay away from any dairy products as they tend to produce mucus.

Tidewaterbound said...

Feel better soon and thank you for being considerate and not spreading it around.

Anonymous said...

My daughter-in-law has had the same complaints for at least two months. She changed her diet, took antibiotics, all kinds of things. She went to her doctor this week and found out she is not sick at all, just pregnant.

Anonymous said...

A feel the same way , except my problem is age. Up early and by noon need a nap. Get well!

Cyndi said...

Get Well Soon Joe!

Anonymous said...

A feel the same way , except my problem is age. Up early and by noon need a nap. Get well!

September 23, 2012 12:11 PM

Did I write this and forget? lol.

I'm the same way. Age plus health problems.

Anonymous said...

Sorry to hear it, Joe. Wife has had the same thing. One week, she was totally in bed. Second week, she be okay for a few hours, then ready to be in bed. Now on the third week and she's going but tires easily doing anything. Can't believe I didn't get it. Feel better soon.

Anonymous said...

get well soon !!! you're needed.

Anonymous said...

Oh Goodness, this is kinda scarey actually----something that powerful it gets "you down" for so long.

Well wishes for your betterment!!

Anonymous said...

Get your rest, you are going to need it. ;)

Anonymous said...

I hope you get better soon!!! I like to put garlic cloves between my toes to help viral infections. I know it sounds crazy but it's cheap and it does work. This is not medical advice and I'm not a doctor.

Anonymous said...

11:35 PM

I read recently if you cut the ends off an onion and keep it near you the onion absorbs the virus.

Anonymous said...

Open some windows if you already aren't and let the fresh air push out the "recycled," germ filled air.

Anonymous said...

Something like this has been hitting some of the people in our office for at least a month for some.
Take care Joe; hope you are feeling better very soon.