Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Saturday, August 04, 2012

Major Traffic Jam

If you had any part of trying to travel east bound on Rt. 50 and the Bypass yesterday you know the problem that occurred when doing so. However, you didn't get to see why, other than the picture we provided yesterday that there was an accident.

The Dump Truck that ran off the Bypass, down the hill and into the woods was a major task for Simpson's Towing. Nevertheless, this company, (fortunately for us) has the right equipment and skills to complete such a task.

The image above is the final stage of getting that Dump Truck back on the road and towed away. When I left the Office yesterday the traffic was backed up from the Draw Bridge in Downtown Salisbury all the way back to the Bypass. That has to be one of the biggest traffic jams I've ever seen here on the Shore.

15 comments:

Anonymous said...

Joe....do you remember what it was like through town during the summer before the bypass was completed? Thank god the state spent some money on this side of the ditch to build the phase of the bypass that should have been the first phase.

Anonymous said...

You weren't arounf when Rt 50 bridge at Vienna was single lane.

Anonymous said...

Also....my agreement rate with you is about 50/50. But like you said, Simpsons is certainly the best when it comes to being able to handle situations like this. I have seen many situations, where Simpsons had to be called in to cleanup after other tow companies simply couldn't handle the task. They have re-invested in some pretty big equipment.

Anonymous said...

Joe that was a weekly occurence prior to the bypass in the summertime!!

Anonymous said...

I remember when OC traffic used to go down Church St. in Salisbury and then go out on Old Ocean City Rd. toward Parsonsburg, Pittsville , Willards etc.

Anonymous said...

4:37 PM

You must be an old fart. I never even heard of that.

Anonymous said...

6:28
Use common sense. OLD OCEAN CITY ROAD. It was the old road to Ocean City....get it now?

Anonymous said...

628,
Hey, Mr. Obvious, is that why they call it "Old Ocean City Road"? Huh, never made the connection...

Anonymous said...

6:28
Use common sense. OLD OCEAN CITY ROAD. It was the old road to Ocean City....get it now?

August 4, 2012 6:54 PM

An old grouchy fart at that. Yeah, I get it now.

Please don't talk to me anymore.

Anonymous said...

7:04
I am 6:28 but I am not 4:37 I am far from being old. Unless you consider 27 to be old. It's just common sense.

Anonymous said...

Never made the connection to church street. thanks to you both for the ... whatever it is.

and 27 yo, why you interjecting yourself into a convo?

glad I could help you two feel superior for a moment in time.

have a nice weekend.

Anonymous said...

I am 6:28 but I am not 4:37 I am far from being old. Unless you consider 27 to be old. It's just common sense.

August 4, 2012 7:11 PM

No you're not. I was 6:28 you were 6:58. You don't even know who you are.

Goodnight Joe. I getting tired. These two atlas maps are too much for me.

Anonymous said...

Actually I was 6:54 and 7:11 :)

Anonymous said...

7:32
Last time I checked this was a blog. Usually on a blog you do make comments.

Anonymous said...

Kent Narrows was also a single lane road with a drawbridge. And it lives on in the shadow of the overpass bridge.