Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Ripken Selling Gourmet Burgers


Baltimore's 'Iron Man' is now in your Giant's freezer.

Cal Ripken, Jr. and Monkton-based Roseda Beef have teamed up to bring "Ripken Gourmet Burgers" to 30 Giant Food stores in Maryland, the District of Columbia and Northern Virginia with plans to double the number of distribution locations soon.


Stores started selling the $9.99 boxes of four six-ounce burgers on Friday.

Each store received 450 of the green-and-orange trimmed boxes designed with a picture of the legendary Baltimore Orioles player, for a total of 54,000 burgers available in the region just in time for the Memorial Day weekend.

More

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

$9.99 for only 4 of them ? Don't think so in this lifetime.

Anonymous said...

That's $6.67 per pound! No thanks!

Anonymous said...

Yeah,right!I can buy premium ground beef cheaper than that and make my own "gourmet burgers".

Anonymous said...

Need Boog Powell fixings too.

Anonymous said...

He must be thinking about stadium prices.2:41 mentioned Boog Powell.I for one like the Boog Powell pit beef.I guess Cal will open a restaurant next.

Anonymous said...

I agree with anon 2:14
I can also make fresh hamburgers that have a lot of my own spices and sauces in them that can be frozen just like Cal, Bubba or anyone else! Mine are cheaper and probably just as good! Let's all team up together, as in all of us Anonymous folks and make and market our own burgers and just call them Anon Burgers! lol I just have 1 request. Cash only for the burgers. EBT cards accepted for the recepie. Make your own darn burgers.

Anonymous said...

yippee. A .276 lifetime hitter with his own burger line.

Anonymous said...

Did any of you jerks bother to read the article? If you had you would see that proceeds from the sales go to teach life skills to at-risk youth through baseball and softball programs. Cal Ripken is a great man and a positive role model. The world needs more people like him and less of you imbeciles.

Scott said...

I also saw this in the freezer section last week when shopping at Giant. I laughed at the 10 dollar price for only 4 small meat patties! I was tempted until I saw the price!

Anonymous said...

I don't care what the proceeds go to. Today in this economy "normal" working class people can't afford 9.99 for only 4 darn burgers.....So buy all you want for us 5:40 since you are so well off. Hmmph