Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Tuesday, May 08, 2012

Bowl-a-Thon Group Touts Raising Funds for 14-Year-Old’s Abortion

The National Network of Abortion Funds (NNAF), who last month raised over $400,000 for abortions through its Bowl-a-Thon, touted that it provided money for a 14-year-old’s abortion as part of the group's “real stories of abortion access.”

On its website in a post entitled, “Getting an abortion means getting a second chance,” NNAF highlights the story of Darcy, a 14-year-old who terminated her pregnancy with the help of the group’s “George Tiller Memorial Fund.”

“I'm pretty smart for 14, I think,” Darcy writes. “I love biology, especially the stuff on animals. I'm pretty sure I'm going to be a vet -- I definitely want to start my own practice so that I make enough money and when I have kids I can be home with them,” she said.

More

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

She maybe smart but notsmartenough to keep her legs shut.

lmclain said...

"...pretty smart for 14...", huh? Actually, not THAT smart. And not smart enough to understand the irony in getting pregnant at 14 but bragging about how smart you are, especially in BIOLOGY! Must be one of the kids who received a plaque or an award in science because she actually brought her book to school at least twice a week. I wonder what her parent (NOT plural, on purpose) thought when she had to write authorization for Tylenol, but was told AFTER the fact that the school arranged an abortion for a 14 year old kid??

Anonymous said...

eh...if people voluntarily donate money to this "cause" who cares? No taxpayer money involved, right?