Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Saturday, March 31, 2012

Telephone Scam

Hello Mr. Albero,

I just wanted to warn your readers about a possible telephone scam I received tonight. A person called and claimed to be from the US. Government and offered me a government grant of $7000 that I would never have to repay. In order to receive the money ,I would need to send my credit card, debit card or bank account number. Fortunately, I had knew better than to give out private information such as this. However, some people are a bit trusting and may fall prey to such a scam. Please warn your readers-do not give out any private banking information!!!! The phone number on my caller ID was 202-417-7606.

Thank you for all you do on your blog.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Anyone who falls for that deserves everything they get. IDIOTS!

Anonymous said...

The things people fall for is mind boggling.With all of the warnings provided,some still slip through the cracks.

Anonymous said...

I receive this same call every other day. It shows unknown on my cell. If the person has the number, give it to the police department to investigate. These people can hardly speak english, and there is a delay, must be over seas.

Anonymous said...

I believe that # originates from the White House basement.

Anonymous said...

The ones who usually fall for this let greed get in the way of common sense. Some people are so eager to get something for nothing that they fail to stop and think that our government is trillions in debt and why would someone be calling individuals to give away money. Why don't they just send everyone a check and the ones who don't want the money could just toss the check.

Anonymous said...

If I get a call like that I will give them all fake information and hope they get caught trying to steal from the bank!