Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Sunday, August 14, 2011

What Are The Health Benefits Of Beer?

As a doctor, I get a lot of questions from patients in my practice and in my email inbox. Here’s one that was sent to me recently by a viewer:

Dr. Manny, are there any health benefits to drinking beer? Which beers are the ‘healthiest’? - Brian

Well, Brian, this is what I have to say: If you’re planning a cookout this weekend like I am, don’t be afraid to knock back a cold one. Beer has several surprising health benefits.

More 

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I've spoke to many beer drinkers in the past. One of the questions I've asked is "why do you drink beer".
They majority of them say "to get a buzz"
or "to get drunk".
Most of the people that I've talked to were ages from 18 to 60.
Having said this , Dear DR. Manny
you are full of it.All of your health points are not believable.
The old saying that " I drink to be socialable" , it's bull too.
The truth will set you free.

Anonymous said...

Yeah my ex could not get past 10 am without popping a top.

Anonymous said...

ya--one of the biggest benefits is it give us all a "Big Beer Belly." LOL

Anonymous said...

beer also makes my wife look better.

Anonymous said...

Beer turns my ex into a stalking creep who spends thousands of dollars see who I am associating with.