Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Sunday, July 17, 2011

Verizon Billing & Sales Practices Under Investigation In Maryland

While the folks in Washington, D.C., are proposing regulations to prevent bizarre, and often illegal, third-party charges from being buried on your phone bill, officials in a nearby Maryland county are actually investigating Verizon's billing practices following complaints that the phone company has been charging customers for services they didn't request.

More »

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I cut them loose last month. Bunch of crooks. I'd rather not have a damn cellphone!

Tidewaterbound said...

To Anonymous 12:11 PM, they are talking about landline service.

And it's about time for this investigation.

Anonymous said...

Trying to get something corrected is horrible with them. Every time you call the person gives you a different answer and each one promises to either fix it or call you back. It took me almost 3 months and probably 25 calls to get mine fixed from where they messed it up and every few months I still have to call them because they keep activating the answer call that I don't want on my phone.

Anonymous said...

It's about time. My husband worked for them for 3 months and for sake of integrity he left. He said they are trained to make it sound like something it's not and they are taught to do that especially to the elderly. Then when they go in with their union rep, verizon says well why aren't you making your numbers, we've been training you. Yeah they do train you to very carefully put things on peoples bills you shouldn't. I hope they get slammed. And yes all the stories are true that you've heard people talk about.

Anonymous said...

Thank God SOMEBODY is investigating Verizon! They truly are crooks who cannot help me worth a da*n whenever I call with a problem. They SU*K but they are the only service I think that I can get in my area with any decent speeds for internet :( pity