Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Sunday, June 12, 2011

Mambo Italiano Has The Goods

Veal, Chicken Chesapeake, Pizza, Fresh Salads, Imported Food, this place has it all.

When you open the menu and look at the prices you'll be amazed. Everything is very reasonable, yet IF you're there for the very first time like we were, you have to wonder, can they deliver quality food.

The answer is, absolutely! We decided to finally give them a try and see if they were any good. Man, was I ever pleased! The small personal pizza we had that evening was just to die for. The imported cheese, fresh tomatoes, WOW!

Every table in the restaurant at 6 PM on Friday was full. We hoped to get there before any rush but it turned out to be an excellent experience. Our food came out quicker than any other restaurant I had been to locally and the wait staff was extremely courtious.

I know I'm bouncing around here but let me talk about the salad. If you like salad, this was as fresh as it gets. If you like blue cheese dressing, this is the very best I have ever had. One thing we noticed was that they serve more dressing than anyone else either. I hate going to a restaurant and having to ask for more salad dressing. Its almost as if all of the restaurants get the smallest plastic cup and serve it to you, as if it will truly cover your salad, NOT! Mambo's serves double that, easily.

I highly recommend this restaurant to our viewers. It's refreshing, it's quality and it's very affordable. Try it, you'll like it. They're located near The Golden Coral.

17 comments:

Anonymous said...

Been eating there since they opened. Try the garlic knots and a salad. Perfect lunch. I think the secret is the cheese. Tastes completely differennt than anyone elses around.

Anonymous said...

That pizza looks fabulous.

Anonymous said...

Joe, from one New Yorker to another,I took your advice and tried Panni Pizza and its absolutley the best. I will be sure to try this establishmnt as well!!Nothing like good Italian food the way its suppose to be!

Anonymous said...

There food is great!

Anonymous said...

Just don't try for delivery. The last (very last) time we called they answered on the 8th ring, asked for address and phone #, then asked how to spell the street name - though it's simple enough for 2nd graders - took our order, then, after a brief pause, said "Oh, the driver has left for tonight. Shall I make this a pick up order." So much for trying to help a start up business.

That kind of an experience ensures a recommendation to stay away.

Joseph Albero said...

anonymous 11:22, what has that got to do with the quality of their food?

OK, you had a delivery problem. Perhaps you shouldn't be eating that kind of food if your fat lazy butt can't get up off the couch to go get your food.

Usually obese people slur their words and I can see why they might ask you to spell the street name. I heard the former Mayor used to have that problem all the time too but it wasn't because they were obese.

Anonymous said...

Joe have you heard anything about Hero's? It's on Mt. Hermon Rd. by Goin Nuts Cafe..

Anonymous said...

I couldn't agree more!!! We love Panni Pit too but I must oonfess that we rate this the best in town! NEVER been disappointed! I could eat me weight in garlic knots!!!!

Anonymous said...

Man o Man that pizza picture is making me hungry.

Anonymous said...

Joe 11:33 - Joe don't go to that type place too often as they generally have too many folks with a BMI that exceeds their IQ by so much they expect one to judge the quality of the food without having the opportunity to take advantage of advertised services to try it.

As for obese, loafer type slurring, the folks at Pani, Tim's, Subrunners, Hunan Delight, Hunan Palace and others employee people who never seem to have the difficulties you imply "service" establishments encounter.

Because of a poor, rude attitude and lack of service, while this place zoomed to the top of my list of places that won't get my money. I can wait to see if the next business in this spot can do a better job.

Cathy said...

every time i've been to mambo its not been good. the services has been less than desirable and they didn't have a kids menu (or even child size portions). we won't go back. we'll go to Pani Pit.

Anonymous said...

11:53 I have eaten at Heros twice and they have great cheesesteaks. Very clean and friendly service.

Anonymous said...

I have been eating there since I saw a story in the Daily Times over a year ago.

Anonymous said...

Looks more like Mambo mexican

Anonymous said...

Mambo is great We go at least once a week Harry and the whole gang understand service

Anonymous said...

Mambo experience

Anonymous said...

This place is SORELY under patronized.

As far as the "service" is concerned.. which some have commented on.. my experience there has been good... not stellar... but nothing to complain about.

Where Mambo shines is in the food. In portion size, flavors, quality, freshness, and presentation... way exceeded my expectations. They had me at the garlic knots....

At the price they charge per plate for the quality of cuisine this is a must go destination for everyone.