Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Sunday, March 27, 2011

Weekly Notes By Senator Jim Mathias


Dear friends:

At the beginning of session, I sent out a survey to the residents of the Lower Shore to get your opinions on what is happening here in Annapolis. Over 550 people responded and we have spent time looking through and analyzing your answers to guide us through this budget season. Almost everyone who responded said they are for reducing spending, and a large majority of you are against raising taxes. I am working to make your vision a reality by continuing to reduce spending, and am prepared to vote against any proposed tax hikes.

Now is the time I need to hear from you. The House has proposed their first round of budget decisions (a good article summarizing some changes is here), and after it passes the House it will come to the Senate for our consideration. Your emails, letters and phone calls are invaluable to me as I work with my colleagues to reduce the size of state government and make sure we are seeking a maximum efficiency while protecting services important to you and our region. You can access the proposed FY2012 budget and related documents by clicking here.

I am grateful for your responses to the survey and your continued input on the issues that matter most. Together with your guidance, I will spend the upcoming week looking through the state budget to find cost efficiencies, and any opportunity to cut the budget.

If you have any thoughts, ideas, questions or concerns, please contact me anytime. You can reach my Annapolis office at 800 492 7122 x-3645 or 410-841-3645; email me at james.mathias@senate.state.md.us
Always working for you,

Thanks,
Jim

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I don't want the government subsidizing off shore wind turbines. If it's so wonderful the business will be able to profit and survive without the government handing them money. Let them get a bank loan like most business' have to do to start up or they can take in partners.

Anonymous said...

And O'Malley's former chief of staff stands to profit big-time from this push that FORCES utilities to buy this wind power.

This whole thing stinks!