Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Wisconsin Update

Joe,
 
Here’s the latest from Wisconsin: Democrats are continuing to stand up to Gov. Scott Walker and the radical Republican agenda, and people from all over are voicing their solidarity with Wisconsin’s teachers and other workers. But Walker is pushing back hard. The billionaire Koch brothers have even gotten involved – busing in tea party protesters.

I wanted to make sure you had the chance to sign our petition.

Click here to join the more than 47,000 people who are standing with Wisconsin’s workers. Budgets shouldn’t be balanced on the backs of people who teach our children and keep our communities safe.

I’m inspired by what I’m watching in Wisconsin. Let’s make sure they know we’re in the fight, too.

Guy Cecil

10 comments:

Chastity K said...

I absolutely do NOT support these protesters.
I do NOT support their unions either.

I DO support teachers who work hard to make a difference, no matter how small.

Bill D. said...

i'm with walker

bryan said...

wALKER IS A HERO THE UNIONS ARE BREAKING THIS COUNTRY AND AS A NON UNION CONTRACTOR I PAY THE FREIGHT . WAY TO GO GOV.

Ironshire said...

Where do I sign up to support the Gov.?
And who is Guy Cecil?

Craig Theobald
Ironshire

lastword said...

1:52 PM

Ditto

Unknown said...

If the Republicans hope to get major election victories in two years they have got to compromise. The harder they push on topics like this the more the moderates move towards the left. You can't go from having Unions to completely destroying them. We'll see what happens.

Ironshire said...

I dunno, Justin... I'm thinking a swift kick in the ass and firing everyone of them, ala Regan and the ATCs, is what's needed. Moderates have no spine.

Craig Theobald
Ironshire

McGruff said...

I'm with the Governor (and the people of Wisconsin)-- part of the 88% of the population that is NON-UNION.

Daddio said...

Let the Gov start by firing all those protesters, since the alternative to his proposal was massive layoffs.

Then they can get all the fake sick day notes they want

conservative mommom said...

I really do not want to hear about teachers who care so much about our children that they choose to NOT show up for work, AND commit fraud by getting fake doctor's notes!! Wisconsin is leading the way for all of our states to put an end to greed. Our nation is in shambles and we are BROKE!! Unions and their followers are made up of Democrats who believe the private sector should pay for their retirement and their medical insurance. Don't know about YOU, but I have enough trouble paying for my OWN. Nobody pays for MY retirement but ME. I am SICK of the whining state and federal workers!! I am 100% behind the governor of Wisconsin and I hope someday we will have a governor who is willing to stick his neck out for the PEOPLE!!