Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Saturday, April 03, 2010

Can We Continue Paying for the Government Trough?

Driving through Newport News Thursday night I grabbed a copy of my old hometown paper – the Daily Press (affectionately known during my youth as the Daily Mullet Wrapper).  I almost fell out of my seat when I read an editorial calling for restraint in the pay of government employees and drastic reform in their benefit packages.

When a newspaper published in an area dominated by the federal government calls for curbing the federal trough, you know things have really gotten bad.

READ MORE …

7 comments:

DEMOCRAT said...

Its amazing to me how much you hate Democrats and the spending ,health care,ect ect, When GWB was in office all he did was took care of his Rich friends on wall st and Big Oil, And MASSIVE tax breaks for the Rich ,and complain about the deficit,It takes money to get us out of this recession that your Boy put us into in the first place,now its time for some PAYBACK for the Little Guy,ENJOY because OBAMA will get RE-ELECTED.

I am sure you WONT post this.

Anonymous said...

Mr. Harrison:

Please attend Pollitt's dog & pony show about the budget on Thursday (April 8) and read that article to everyone who attends (and sees the show on PAC14).

It is sad but true that government types get paid more and have better benes that those of us in the private sector, if rated by skills and expertise.

Anonymous said...

I happen to work for the State and we are looking at a third fiscal year without any raises, cost of living adjustments and we will have to take more furloughs than the previous two years, and no I don't make that much money. One benefit does happen to be the good health insurance benefits, but I guess I will be losing that soon enough now anyway.

Anonymous said...

1:11

HAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!


That's about all I can say about your post

Anonymous said...

Last time i checked Rebublican congresmen/senators work for Big goverment.....?

Anonymous said...

Harder days are coming my friend!
Harder days are a coming!

Orsonwells said...

6:18, Last time I checked, Republican Congressmen work for the People, their Constituents. If they work for Big Government, they should be tossed out on their cans!