Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Monday, October 19, 2009

Today's Posts

Good Morning Everyone.

Right about now I'm in New York City, Da Bronx, to be exact. Today we put Mom to rest in St. Raymond's Cemetery. She'll be buried with her Father and the rest of the Family.

There wasn't a whole lot of news over the weekend so today things will be somewhat calm. Contributors may chime in with Posts throughout the day but I'd expect it to be pretty quiet.

Now Tuesday, that's a whole different story. I have spent the past 4 weeks with very little sleep and lots of time on the road. I'm ready to get back to work. We've got the Salvation Army Red Kettle Campaign getting ready to kick off and lots of volunteers needed to man the locations. We've got a new Website coming and with any luck we'll still be on track for the beginning of the new year.

Once again I'd like to thank everyone for understanding and all of the kind wishes. I'm ready to rock and roll again. So for those of you who have enjoyed the recent vacation from Salisbury News, watch out people because Joe Albero is back starting Tuesday morning.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

praying that GOd will give you and your family peace. God Bless you and your family Joe. You will be in my thoughts and prayers today.

Ron

Anonymous said...

You and your family will be in our prayers for God to give you peace and help you deal with the whole emotional process of losing a loved one. My mom died a few years ago and my life has not been the same since....life goes on, it's just different. I still miss her every day.

Mrs. Tom

Anonymous said...

i lost "mom" a month ago and know how you feel joe, it is tough but we all know you as a tough hombre and your zeal for salisbury news will help with healing. all the best from those of us in somerset county.

Anonymous said...

Joe, God will bless you and yours for the great work you do. It pleases God when you go after people on your blog. Your mom and God are proud! You never lie, you are honest, and you treat people fair. And you are a great patriot!

Warren G.

Anonymous said...

"I have spent the past 4 weeks with very little sleep and lots of time on the road. I'm ready to get back to work."

Sadly, Joe seems like he has been waiting for it all to be over with.

Anonymous said...

7:02~Your an A$$hole.

Anonymous said...

Dear Anon 7:20,

Having buried my wonderful mother 10 years ago, I can understand what prompted Mr. Albero to say this. The ending of a mother's life is not a pleasant time. There is stress, grief, heart-breaking decisions, and watching your loved one in pain or discomfort. No one wants to go through that or see your mother go through that. I felt guilty wanting it all to be over with. You want to work so that you can get away from your grief. But you can't run away -grief takes time. Mr. Albero knows this. I loved my mother deeply, but grief is a puzzling emotion.

I just wanted to provide a little clarity, not criticize you, Anon. I probably would have written the same message before I experienced grief.