Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Dave Suiter Gives Us An Update




Quick update,

Stopped in Gardner,KS for night. 9 hours on the road!!!

Left Onley,IL this AM. Cloudy with north wind (15-25) so temp stayed around 43 on bikes thermometer.

Notice how narrow Old 50 is. Did heel and toe across and looks to be 16' wide. I remember riding in the truck with my Dad on old US6 back in late 40s early 50s. It was so narrow that we had to slow and move right to get past a truck coming the other way.

In my last I mentioned something about seeing an eagle fly. Sure enough, looked up and saw this guy circle and land. Slammed on the brakes and went back to get a pic. Am I getting the eagle eye??

Sun finally broke through near Sedalia, MO. Temp went up 10 degrees. Great ride through central MO.

Side trip to Desoto, MO to see guy I got my 62 Pontiac from. He still has his 62 Bonne convert!!

Looks like winter warning for SE Colorado. Nuts!!!!!!!

later,D

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm really enjoying reading these updates. Stay safe out there on the road, and keep the reports coming!

Two Sentz said...

I will just echo 11:31.

Anonymous said...

This is fun. Thanks for taking hte time to share your adventure.

harleydude said...

wish i was doing the same. keep rubberside down and shine side up

Tim Chaney said...

Keep the beautiful scene's coming Brother Dave. Nice Eagle picture! Small world with the '62 Pontiac guy.

The road there reminds me of Mexico's Pacific coastal hiway in spots! And a few streets here in the 'Bury! Peace