Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Sunday, May 18, 2008

Question of the Day, Sun 5/18

How old does your children have to be to make you feel old?

Katelyn's 9th birthday is today. She is the oldest of my 2 children. She was born 18 days shy of my 22nd birthday. The things that she says and does sometimes makes me feel so old. She won't let me shop for her anymore. I can't pick out her clothes in the morning. She gets her hair cut the way she wants it now. She plays PSP better than any kid or adult I know. On the flip side, I don't get carded. I never have anyone tell me I look younger than I am. What happens to women when they have children.....fall apart? If that's the case, it's worth it!!!

Happy Birthday Katelyn

2 comments:

Wymzie said...

Sunny,
My youngest turned 9 in April.
His two older siblings...22 & 23 in July.
You bet I feel old. I live in two different worlds. The skateboard and X-box world, and the dealing with the two oldest getting their first apartment to love life drama!
It ain't easy

Anonymous said...

"The things that she says and does sometimes makes me feel so old. She won't let me shop for her anymore. I can't pick out her clothes in the morning. She gets her hair cut the way she wants it now."

Excuse me, but, who's the parent. Are you saying you allow a nine year old that kind of liberty? Her having choices is fine, but should have to be "with approval".