Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Thursday, April 03, 2008

Today's Daily Times




If you're wondering where your paper is this morning, they had problems with the press again last night and this was hand delivered this morning. You know me, the Blogger gets special delivery attention because they know I'll blast away at them, just like I am now.

I made my second tip out to the mailbox this morning and as I was walking away, a pickup truck pulled up and the guy got out and said, "you didn't get your paper?" Nope, I replied. He reached into the truck and pulled one out and handed it to me. The timing was simply freak? One reason I say that is, he was heading in the opposite direction of a normal delivery. In other words, he would have had to insert the paper through his passenger window, not the drivers.

Nevertheless, I asked what the delay was and he replied they had problems with the press again. Obviously when I returned back to the house and opened the paper from its plastic bag, this is what I got. A pathetic waste of paper and print! It's no wonder my numbers are what they are every day!

So for those of you who are advertising in that piece of crap newspaper, know I paid no attention to any ads in there simply because I'm NOT taking this PUZZLE of a newspaper and piecing it together to read what I probably wrote two days ago anyway.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

At least you GOT your paper, no matter how sorry it is, and how ugly (and lame) it is. I haven't gotten mine two days in a row for a month now, at least before I leave for work. It just keeps getting worse. Who would have thought it could?

Anonymous said...

I got my first look yesterday at the new size of the paper since they changed size. Man what a Mickey Mouse outfit. The Grapevine bashing Debbie Campbell and Terry Cohen would have me canceling if I paid for that POS.

Anonymous said...

JOE YOUR PAPER LOOKS LIKE MINE. THE FUNNY THING IS I CANCELLED MY SUBSRIPTION BUT STILL GETTING THE DAILY DISSAPOINTMENT. THEY MUST BE FEELING THE CRUNCH. ON ANOTHER NOTE TRYING TO FIND OUT ABOUT POSSIBLE DRUG BUST ON BY-PASS YESTERDAY. YOU GOT ANY INFO.

BossHogg said...

WTF???

How can they stay in business.

Shoddy service to advertisers.

Shoddy service to readers...

Crappy slanted "news"

Crappy quality of publication.

WTF???

How can they stay in business???

Anonymous said...

They stay in business because not everyone has cancelled their subscriptions! And they still sell advertising, altho I don't see how! About a month ago, I was doing some recycling, and about 1/3of the bin was full of never-sold copies still bundled with the plastic bundlers! One more way they are screwing up (leaving plastic on to mix with the paper)!
As for the 2 comments about Debbie and Terry, how convenient!? NOT! Which one of the stooges did the mare and weasel get to write in? Too bad Sour Grapes is anonymous if you want it to be.

Anonymous said...

Joe if you’re so darn unhappy with the Daily Times start your own newspaper idiot!

Anonymous said...

Hi Joe'

I cancelled my paper few weeks ago . Still waiting for my payment to be re-turn to me . I had another person that call me and wanted to know why I don't want my paper . I told my story all over again she new I was pissed . Can't read the paper eyes didn't go bad over night . And not getting my paper are if we get it late in the day . Now Daily Times where is my money I want it now .

Anonymous said...

Yea Joe, really sounds like they put a special paper aside for you. Maybe they just give you the biggest piece of garbage because they know you will blast them no matter what.

Anonymous said...

That rag isn't even that anymore. Not big enough to save for eating crabs, well if you like eating crabs swimming in human feces and tampons.

That paper is soooo small it isn't worth saving to wipe your ass in an emergency

Anonymous said...

My neighbor died in January and they still deliver to an empty house for sale. So I cancelled mine and I walk over, get his and read it.We just can't have papers being delivered and falling out on the ground littering our development.The people who buy the house will be lucky to receive a free paper.