Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Saturday, April 19, 2008

Tire Amnesty Day

One of my favorite things to do on a Saturday morning is to go to the landfill. Lol. But things have to get done. When I got there this morning I noticed a LONG line of traffic leading up to the gate across from the scales. I understood completely when I saw the sign "Tire Amnesty Day".

It appears that each person can bring up to ten tires at no cost. They're being loaded into large containers to be shipped off for recycling. The girl at the scales said she understands that they are going to be chipped up and used in making roads. It's good to see things being recycled. Anyway, it's my understanding this is going on until 4:00 p.m. so if you have any old tires laying around.....

4 comments:

lilrick said...

LOL I was with you.

Anonymous said...

It is about time we do such recycling in this area, so I applaud this effort, even though I don't have any tires not on my vehicles.

A. Goetz

Anonymous said...

wonder is Mr. ASAP showed up...

Anonymous said...

I'm glad the landfill accepts limbs, trees and bushes for free at the landfill multching station. I will soon have many loads, my yards need a good once a decade clearing.