Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Saturday, April 05, 2008

Capitals Fan Reaches Out

Due to Carolina losing and Philly winning there is only two scenarios the Caps make the playoffs. A win would get them in, and I hope they play for that win. An overtime loss also gets them in. Either way they win the division and get the 3rd seed and will probably face Ottawa whom the have beet 4 times this season.
A loss in regulation and they are out. Comcast has just reported that they had their biggest audience ever for a Caps game on TV for the Lightning game Thursday, and it was a home game! People are coming around! Caps are getting popular. Its amazing what winning does for a team in a market that really doesn't support it.
I only wish more people would take the time to either watch a game or get to one in person. It truly is in my opinion the best sport of the major four. And this coming from someone who cant even skate!
So even if you are not hockey fan, please root for a Caps win tonight!! Thanks and GO CAPS!!

JIM



This is true, though I'm a Red Wings fan I still cannot stand to see a market fumble for the die hard fans of the area, not to mention this is great of the game. Hockey is my favorite pro sport and right next to college basketball/football for all time favorite. The orginization is great for the community! So get out and root for them

The Caps play Florida tonight at 7pm at Comcast arena on Comcast Sports!

Thanks for the e-mail Jim!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

GO CAPS!!! Not bad for a team that was 14th/15th in the Conferece at Thanksgiving...

Let's hope OV & the boys can pull it off tonight!!!

Anonymous said...

Eh, I'm torn as Flyers Season Ticket holder. I mean sure, the Caps are local but I'm originally from Philly so they're my team. I am pulling for the Caps tonigt though, they certainly have earned a spot in the Post Season if anyone has, and I get kick out of Ovie, he's got some spirit for sure. On another note, I agree about the Big 4 Sports, Hockey is my only interest as far as I'm concerned ...

A quick aside, be sure to watch it in HD if you can, it's Ch. 251 here in Sussex.