Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Friday, February 08, 2008

Security In Council Work Sessions?


Although Mike Dunn and I used to get into it in years past, Mike knew I was never a physical threat to him and he also knew I'd never hit a girl.
However, Louise Smith thinks a whole lot differently as she has been stating time and time again she wants an orderly Council Meeting and now Work Session.
When GA Harrison and others raised their voice last Monday night, Louise allegedly called in for Security. Why, no one knows. Some even say it was because I had raised my voice to two women telling me I shouldn't be allowed to take pictures in a public building. I suggested they leave, even though I wasn't taking their picture.
The Mayor started this several months ago and after reading my first article of the day, I can't say as I blame her. One would like to always think, not in our neck of the woods. However, you never know who's going to lose it. I mean, even John Robinson blew off a round in public recently.
With Wayne Barrall coming to my home uninvited and going off the handle, I can see where Security is in fact important and you know what, it's cheap. I want to see everyone protected and I back their decision 100%. Besides, the Cops that are there could use the extra money anyway.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

why doesn't that lazy cop wake up. oh, and if you're reading this detective, get off the site before chiefy and the mayor catch you. lol. what a joke!!

Anonymous said...

Security is essential at council meetings. To remove the people who disrupt and break the law. Didn't you get booted from a meeting for not sitting down? Just yesterday someone went postal at a council meeting and killed 4 or 5 people.

Anonymous said...

We need security, Barrie might go postal on the citizenry.

Anonymous said...

I as one of the people who laughed at the meeting let me explain why that happened, when Miss Smith gave her opening speech she made the statement that every one would only have 5 minutes to speak and that there would absolutely be no granstanding. Well lo and behold she gets right from the desk and brings out a easel that looked to have about 4 to 5 sheets of paper full of figures We found it funny that she said no granstanding and then stood to do just that. But the problem I really have with her , was that she ask the lady in the audience a question then ask her to leave when all the lady did was answer Miss Smiths question. I say if you don't want an answer then do not ask the question.
WANDA L. DISHAROON

Anonymous said...

Political Posturing. Mrs Smith should thank you for laughing at her, had she had the opportunity to review her numbers the accounting firm of Geary, Trice & Myers would have been laughing at her as well. She should be grateful you saved her from any further embarrassment.

Tim Chaney said...

I have been surpised for quite some time that you don't have to go through a metal detector to get into the council meeting.

I would have to look again to see where it happened, just yesterday somebody went postal at a city council meeting. I wouldn't be surpised to see more security in the future.

Tim Chaney said...

That was St. Louis that tragic event happened. It's covered on a post further down.

Anonymous said...

Anonymous 9:39--

Did someone get booted from a meeting for not sitting down? Which meeting was that?

I saw no laws broken.

Wanda Disharoon--You nailed it.

Anonymous said...

I applaud Wanda for putting her name on her post. Too many of you do not and your remarks would have far more credibility if you put your name on the bottom of the post or at the beginning, like Tim does.

A. Goetz