Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Monday, November 05, 2007

Let's Talk Further About Wi-Hi And Rumors


"Delmar Resident Said.....

I know this student and family as well and know he is very sorry for the statement he has made. I am in favor of being cautious and understand the reason for the schools action but not all the text and email rumors going around. It has caused quite a stir among all the Wicomico County Schools. It's crazy that rumors can get twisted so many times. I hope and pray that this is a lesson learnt to all students about statements that can not be made and the seriousness of them but also that rumors should not be spread unless you have the correct facts.

Thanks Joe for a terrific site."

See the image above? That came to me while I was standing right next to Rick Pollitt. I reviewed it and immediately alerted Rick. He asked who my source was and when I told him, he immediately knew it warranted immediate attention. What I brought out was NOT a rumor, it was LIVE! It came directly from inside Wi-Hi and deserved to be brought to every one's attention.

The article The Daily Times did on this covered it completely up. They never mentioned the Student transfered from Delmar, the fact he was immediately sent home and that his locker was in fact inspected immediately. You read NONE of that in The Daily Times and the Board of Education, (IMO) was also out of line and mislead the parents at their Press Conference in which I was not invited to.

So Parents, what do you think now?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Another reason to homeschool your kids. Holy chit, this, whether true or not is not to be taken lightly. If he threatened it, he thought it. Question is, is he considering it, while we debate his admission of making a mistake? They are all good kids until something horrible happens.