Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Saturday, October 13, 2007

Welcome Back To The Downtown Plaza






Trust me, I have many more photos of the Plaza looking like crap. However, the beer cans have been down there for days and I have personally been picking up and throwing away trash from the Deli down there daily as well. They serve the people but they don't clean up their outside mess. The one fountain near the GOB end of the Plaza has not been working for months too? Oh well, Barrie doesn't get out much, obviously.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Exactly why people are afraid to locate an upscale gift gallery there. There is no charm on that Plaza. When is Salisbury going to learn. It looks like crap, and all the other smaller towns are putting us to shame. What is going to happen with the new arts designation if things continue like this--as well as some of the unsavory types seen hanging down there. I will locate my venture in another town.

Anonymous said...

I live AND work on the plaza and love it here. I agree that it's not perfect, but bashing every tiny detail won't help. As an aside, a lot of GREAT things are going on downtown - I don't see a lot of posts about the FREE opening receptions at the Art Institute & Gallery, the upcoming CCART sale, the music performances at City Bistro, or the ever-increasing number of families with kids moving right on to the plaza, bringing back a neighborhood-like feeling.

Please, go a bit gentler on my little corner of the planet.

joe albero said...

If you'd like to provide information as to what's going on Downtown I'd be happy to post it.

I own property on the Plaza, so I'm all for good news.