Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Saturday, September 29, 2007

Family Fun Pak

Has anyone noticed how screwed you're getting any more at the Grocery Stores? Even in the Candy Department they have now put out there a new Family Pak of snack food that used to be 10 decent sized candy bars for usually $1.00 is now reduced to 8 bars and they're 1/3 smaller than they used to be!

Oh I know Billy Duvall will be all over me about this but I don't care. This has got to be price fixing and let me tell you why. How come ALL manufacturers did the exact same thing at the exact same time? When Chrysler came out with the Mini Van and the PT Cruiser, it took a year or two before anyone else came up with the same kind of vehicle.

Anyhow, I think it sucks that these manufacturers get away with it and that the consumer is that stupid to fall for it. The cost of buying a candy bar didn't go up 1/3? Heck, they didn't go up at all! So why the all of a sudden increase?

Oh well, they've lost any of my business on them any more. I used to love freezing the small Milky Way Bars. Not any more.

4 comments:

Smokey said...

I quit buying anything but the essentials a long time ago; it's been going on for years and I'll be Damned if they're going to get my money! I'm too busy giving it to the electric and gas companies anyhow!

Smokey said...

Gotta agree tho...nothin better than a rock-hard frozen Milky Way...lol

Tim Chaney said...

Next thing ya know gas companies will be selling gas by the liter like they do in Canada.

Chimera said...

Companies have been doing that crap for years now so that we pay more for less and they think we dont notice.The next time you buy a carton of ice cream that LOOKS like a half gallon,check the product weight-Same price,but almost all name brand ice cream comes in 1.75 ltr cartons now.