Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Saturday, January 06, 2007

Would You Like To Claim This Brand New Cell Phone That I Found Yesterday?

Yesterday I met up with a Salisbury Police Detective and two Officers to walk the Downtown area and get a detailed look at the Graffiti throughout the area.

While we were walking around I happened to notice a strange piece of wood on the ground that just didn't look like it belonged there. We were talking about it when I bent over to pick it up and low and behold, there was a brand new cell phone under it!

OK, as unusual as that might be, just as I was about to pick up the phone I immediately stopped because I noticed a baggy with it. One of the Officers wondered why I had stopped and when I pointed out there was more to it than meets the eye, he picked it up and found drugs in the baggy.

So IF the phone is yours, I'd let it go and buy another one. It turns out, the owner of this phone tried bringing it into Court and they refused to let him do so. He found an alley to put it in and went into Court. When he returned the phone was gone and so were his drugs.

Dee, Dee, Deeee Award #2 of the year!

3 comments:

G®@pHiX said...

Niiiice!

Anonymous said...

Joe,
Inquiring Minds Want To Know?
If the police chief won't allow you to enter the station for a news briefing why would he allow his officers to take you on a guided tour?

bury_voter said...

The same kind of dumb ass that speeds down the bypass at 75 mph with a couple pounds of weed in the trunk.