Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Saturday, January 06, 2007

Bubba's Bike ($$$) Trail To Nowhere




Bike Route Signs are like Motor Homes, until you own one, you never notice they're around. Once you own one, they're everywhere!

In this case, let's follow just some of the Bike Route Signs around the City and see what they mean to you.

My guess on this issue is that Comegys, (aka Bubba) works for SHA, State Highway Administration. THEY BUILD ROADS!

Now, I wonder if the FEDS know that 90% of the bike routes in Salisbury are used for parking lots for cars on the side of the road and are not truly designated as "Bike Routes?"

My guess is that Bubba has found a way to get grant money from the Feds to pay for more road repairs and the slick way to do it is claim they are bike routes. If you think about it, when is the last time you actually saw a paving company paving any of the roads in the City of Salisbury?

They need to create new signs that say, watch out for cars, not bikes.

1 comment:

G®@pHiX said...

Can't say I'm familiar with policy or Bubba for that matter. But I can say that what you show here sux to see.

I had gotten around Salisbury without a car for over 5 years after moving here. I know how inconsiderate and unthoughtful both the city and driving citizens can be to bike riders. The bike riders take cars off the street allowing more parking and less traffic. We should be more considerate of cyclists. But then, that's only my opinion.