Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Monday, January 22, 2007

If You Thought Developers & Politicians Were Bad Here, Wait Till You Read This Story!

As I was relaxing yesterday reading the Sunday Edition of The Washington Post I couldn't help but catch the front page article titled, "Influence of Developers, Allies Runs Deep."

It's no wonder Mike Dunn & Barrie Tilghman are so interested in "anything" to do with development in the City of Salisbury.

On Saturday I confronted Gary Comegys and I said, Gary, one of the biggest questions I believe will be asked during this campaign is, tell me anything exciting that you see coming along over the next 3 to 4 years for the City of Salisbury, besides development?

He stood there for a second and said, oh yeah, it's a good question and I can think of several things right off the top of my head. I stood there and I stood there and I stood there and the next thing I knew, while Gary still had that "I'm thinking" look on his face, he walked away.

Development is the future and probably the only future for the City of Salisbury. There's no new Crown Sports Center for kids. There's no new skateboard park planned. There's already bike trails around the City, so adding new pathways isn't really that big a deal. Is there even a YMCA in the City of Salisbury?

Nevertheless, there's no shining light at the end of the tunnel for Salisbury's future and I have to say Folks, what happened these past 4 years? Everyone needs to look into what has been done and it has been the biggest developer friendly environment the Eastern Shore has ever seen.

Read this article and get a grip as to what you can expect to see from the Dream Team and your Mayor because if there's a way to screw the Citizens while they smile in your face, this Team will do just that. They are desperate for the tax dollar because they overspent on everything and they have nothing left, hence no roads being paved in the past 5 years.

3 comments:

Chesapeake Dogs said...

I thought they already gave 'em the subsidy when they extended the deadline fer the TIF.

Am I a dollar short on this one?

--CD

The Bass Player's Wife said...

Yes, there is a YMCA in Salisbury, and they have a very nice facility.

Chesapeake Dogs said...

Duvadale, thanks fer clearin' that up. I try t'keep up with this TIF-bond-who's-on-first stuff, but sometimes, I just get tangled up in my own leash.

Well, I sure hope April gets here quick then.

--CD