Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Sunday, January 14, 2007

If You Missed Visiting The Train Clubs Open House Yesterday, Don't Miss It Today!









It was packed house yesterday and I couldn't get my little guy out of there once we arrived! From infants to adults in their 80's, I overheard one elderly man say to his wife, "If you hadn't told me about this place honey, I would have never known about it."

I also rant into three people who came up to me and said, "Are you Joe Albero?" I read your Blog every single day and if it weren't for you, we would have never known about this place. I hope it brought in record numbers and donations because this place is really cool!

Thanks for sharing it with everyone.

4 comments:

G®@pHiX said...

I go there every year with my young one. These year we had our young one invite friends, gave each $5 to donate and enjoyed hot-dogs for lunch.

I'm sure glad those folks still can manage to keep those collections running. It takes me back to my youth when my grandparents would take me to simalar displays in nearby cities.

My Poppop had even had taken many photos in his lifetime of the windows of row-houses in his Philly neighborhood. Every year people would put out neat train displays in their windows for all the kids to enjoy as they walked past each home.

In that same neighborhood these days, everyone has chain link fences to keep people from coming near their row-houses.

joe albero said...

No, they put up the chain link fences so they could keep criminals with spray cans from spraying graffiti on the faces of their homes.

Oh, that's right, you used to be one of those heathens, weren't you Graphix?

G®@pHiX said...

Ah, once again with the personal attacks in a post that makes no mention of my 20 year old misgivings to which I have long made amends through ways of community service and youth leadership.

Thanks for making yet another non-political subject & commentary into something to argue about. Quite civil of yeh.

joe albero said...

And to think one little Blog Site reminded you to go there! I'd love to hear directly from John Pick just how much higher their attendance was over past years? They're a wonderful group of people and they deserved every penny of my donations. Thanks for making our Grandson's day!