Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Thursday, December 21, 2006

My Very Special Holiday Gift To ALL Of You

I have been a long time shopper at my favorite store, Sam's Club. When they opened the Sam's Club in Annapolis just a couple of miles from my old home in Davidsonville, I was in my glory!

I had a Restaurant and Upscale Billiard Rooms that bought most of their supplies at Sam's and some from Sysco. Nevertheless, it was really convenient and to this day I'm glued to their way of selling products.

However, Sam's has a very big secret I usually do not share with others because I like to feel I am one of the VERY FEW that know about it.

Sam's Club has a very unique way of marketing. When they're about to stop selling a product they have a special way of marking it down that no one is really aware of. When I share this with you it will make your next visit to Sam's Club much more enjoyable, let me assure you!

Sam's marks items down "below their cost" by simply ending the penny amount to one. To clarify this better, $29.91 . $109.91 $5.91. Get my drift? Any time it ends in a one, (.01) in any way, shape or form, it's below their cost. So there's no question when you purchase that item you've already bought it below their cost.

So there, I've let the cat out of the bag. Hopefully all of you forget about this in a few days so I can buy all those special buys for myself! This may not seem like much of a gift to all of you but over the years you'll see just how handy it comes in when you're shopping there.

On another note, referencing Sam's Club, Sam's has yet another VERY cool thing going for them. Sam's sells "all" of their items you'll see in their stores at auction on their website. Believe me, the deals you can get there are out of this world. For example. I bought a $2,500.00 Digital Camera there for $370.00! I have purchased telephoned there , (800 MGH) for $5.00 each! Of course there's shipping charges, so you'll have to be careful. You know those big air hockey machines that sell for $250.00+ in the store? I've seen them sell for $50.00 but IMO the freight would probably be too expensive to ship. That's what I mean by being careful in what you buy.

So there, enjoy your Holiday Gift from me and let me know down the road how much you enjoy it?

3 comments:

CC said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
CC said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
joe albero said...

Well GramZ, come to Delmar where new memories can be made. You know you're welcome ANY TIME you like.
:-)