Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Sunday, October 08, 2006

Major Accident Closes East & West Bound Traffic On Rt. 50



















This Virginia Rollback was heading East bound on Rt. 50 when I'll assume he fell asleep, crossed Rt. 50 and hit head on with this brand new SUV heading West bound on Rt. 50.

Officials were somewhat upset at the Fire Department for washing down the road because they can't tell exactly what happened without the marks on the road, (dirt and debris).

Nevertheless, fortunately both drivers are alive and were taken to the Hospital. Rt. 50 has been closed down for several hours now so if you're heading anywhere, think twice. Actually, the traffic wasn't that bad at all today so far out there and I would think they'd be out of there in an hour or so.

6 comments:

Unknown said...

SUV was Mike Eusibeo of Avery Hall Insurance and he needs everyones prayers. It took 2 hours to cut him out.

Unknown said...

Mike is ok with broken femur,vertabrae & elbow

joe albero said...

Please let us know what Hospital Mike is in and if any of you know him personally, Jennifer and I send our best wishes and prayers.

Back in 1979 I was in a very similar accident with the exception that we didn't have safety into vehicles like we do today so the results were FAR worse. Head on, 100 mph impact, NOT GOOD!

By the grace of God I am alive and that's a whole different story but I personally know what this man is experiencing and it doesn't go away for many years. Please pass that on and if he ever needs anything he can always e-mail or call.

Unknown said...

He's in PRMC and out of ICU it's possible he'll be in a regular room by monday sometime.

sparkly1 said...

It seems we are coming to the the point that we get more and quicker news off these blogs! Mike Eusibeo is a heck of a nice guy, I hope he gets the best of care and excellent results!

joe albero said...

PB,

With as many hits as I'm getting per day, you're definately right on that one. Cards, letters and PLANTS, (IMO) are the way to go right now. After my surgery from the accident I was in, that's all I wanted too! Then I had my mother get me a meatball sub the day I came home and it immediately put me right back into the hospital for another day or two. Damn it was wroth it though!!!!!