Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Thursday, October 19, 2006

The Downtown Plaze, 3 Days Later!





Once again I was depressed to see the Downtown Plaza as a complete disgrace to the City of Salisbury. Usually when I report something, (photos) the Mayor jumps right on it and gets it cleaned up, unless it's the river at the Zoo. In this case, the Plaza looks like crap and it's time someone start pushing the Mayor to get it cleaned up. I stated 3 days on here because I took this photo at the end of the work day and it would be expected this mess will still be there in the morning. Is the Mayor rebelling against my Blog? Is she refusing the clean things up again like she did at the Zoo? There is a crew each and every day down on the Plaza, so this is the only thing that makes any sense. What a shame!

4 comments:

CC said...

First of all, your blog is ridiculous -- 4 posts read and I was an instant fan. Im a 26 year old grad student at UD and I have the cumbersome task of creating a documentary about the old mall in Salisbury as part of my thesis. I was curious if you would be willing to discuss your feelings on this issue? My email is moore.cc@gmail.com.

And once again, well done with this blog.

CC Moore

joe albero said...

Well if you like what you've seen so far, wait till you see my next post!!!!!

CC said...

From a film standpoint, I'm really not interested in the current political crap surrounding the site. While I acknowledge that this is clearly part of the overall story, I think focusing on the mall's history in connection with local commerce is more my intent.

Don't get me wrong, I'm eating up your comments on the 'Maulers' and the city and how this is being handled, but I'm not really planning on getting into that beyond the basics, because this current crap is more of a city vs. community vs. $$ issue and I'm not trying to make a political statement.

And thank you for posting that MYSPACE video, those kids give my generation a seriously bad name.

But yes, I remember the mall, as I grew up in Milford. But my memory isn't enough to provide all the information I need.

So if you're interested, let me know.

Christopher Moore

(I can't stress how much I have enjoyed your blog, especially the Yorkie pics and Salisbury Mayor posts)

joe albero said...

I'm glad you're enjoying my Blog. I don't believe I have the kind of information toy're looking for about the Old Mall but there are some people who regularly read this Blog that can in fact help you quite a bit. Just ask these Folks if they're willing to help you and I'm confident they will do so. Good Luck.