Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Tuesday, September 05, 2006

The Saliabury Zoo & Jim Rapp Continue To Be A Disappointment

Wow,

I just ran across the blog pertaining to the Salisbury Zoo. My father served as director there in the early 1990's and fought hard to improve its image and professionalism with a very limted budget. I certainly hate to think all of his work has basically gone by the wayside, especially in light of the fact that the young man currently running the zoo seemed bright to my father when he worked there.

I do know he recounted to me every month how he had to fight tooth and nail with the powers that be to make any changes to the zoo, regardless of how beneficial they were. He truly believed that Salisbury could become one of the finest small zoos in the U.S. , and he would be heart-broken to hear of Mr. Rapp's, and the city's, exploits.

Sincerely,
Johnson Bridgwater

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good thing my trip earlier this year to revisit the memorial garden fell through-- would have been rather upset to arrive at the zoo to discover it had BEEN REMOVED! So sad, but my thanks to all of you who originally installed it. I was tempted to apply recently when I noticed the directorship was open-- hope you all get a great leader who can take "the little zoo that can" and help it realize its potential. I hope with new leadership the city moves on to use a new design firm...