Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Monday, September 18, 2006

Mike Lewis Introduces Himself To Pittsville













The Town Council of Pittsville received Mike Lewis with open arms as well as concerned residents asking several questions as to what Mike would do if elected in November.

Mike instantly reached out and explained how interested he was in Pittsville, with its growth and growing concerns. He wanted to thank all of the Firemen & Women over all the years he has been a Police Officer for their unrecognized actions. Without them I couldn't do my duty, while they direct traffic and keep things moving, allowing Officers to investigate the scenes.

There were talks about the speed limit in front of Pittsville Elementary School and just how many speeders race through that area while School is in. Every Town/City will have their concerns and hot spots and it will take the Citizens getting involved and letting the Sheriffs Department aware of their wants and needs in order to make the positive changes everyone is looking for. Reaching out like Mike did tonight is proof he's heading in the right direction and his campaigning never stopped.

4 comments:

An American said...

I was with Mike last evening as well. Joe is right. When Mike found out about the benefit, he had to go. Once inside the Pittsville Fire House it was plain to see that Mike was no longer thinking about politics. You could see that his feelings were coming from the heart, as were everyones. Everyone was on the same level. A community coming together for the common good of a child. What could be more worthy?

An American said...

No Sweat,

Brother, that is me. One thing I noticed though, dude. The older I get the bigger my stomach looks in pictures. They're just not making pictures like they used to. My dad told me years ago that ever since the beginning of recorded history, man has built a shed over his tools to keep them from rusting. Guess I'm just keeping the faith! Think I'll try verticle striped shirts.

joe albero said...

And I'll keep buying wider lenses. LOL

An American said...

Joe......brother it's not THAT big. Well, maybe it is. But in all fairness, it wasn't until I quit smoking 8 months ago....really. One battle at a time.