Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Monday, August 07, 2006

So, Who Are These People Anyway?





The first photo is Ewa Mataya Lawrence, former Women's World Champion of Pool as well as myself in an exhibition match. The second photo is former World Champion and the winningest Profession Pool Player in the entire world, Mike Sigel. The third photo is former World Champion Nick Varner and the final photo is somewhat special to me as it features the Winner of this particular tournament at Baltimore Billiards in the center, Janette Lee, (The Black Widow). This photo was taken on her first year on Tour in which she won Player of the Year her first year on Tour and the second year she became World Champion.

I grew up on a pool table since I was 4 years old. Maybe one day, (should everyone be interested) I'll share my 40 years on involvement with the sport and all the people I've known personally such as Willie Mosconi, Minnesota Fats, Luther Lessiter, Grady Mathews, Cisero Murphy and so many others?

1 comment:

joe albero said...

Richard,

If you're that stupid to want to challenge me "ANY TIME" in any game of pool that you're especially good at, bring it on. I'll tell you what I'll even do for you. You tell me before we even get started whether or not you want me to shoot left handed OR right handed and I'll play you either way.