Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Saturday, August 26, 2006

Delmar Qiets Things Down!
















It was nice to see the peace and quiet this morning in Delmar. A man takes back seat to a woman driver riding horse and buggy and Johnson's Exhaust was closed for the weekend insuring no vehicles would be pulling out with a loud exhaust.

I know I'm one of their biggest customers and I was very pleased not to see an exhaust system was not a part of their new ruling? You see Folks, you can't be heard within 10 feet making any noise and I firmly believe there was a rumor that Barrie Tilghman, Mike Dunn and Jim Rapp were thinking of relocating to Delmar and they wanted to make damn sure this wouldn't happen. With their big mouths they'd be sure to be arrested and fined daily, so I'm all for the new law.

By the way, as much as I bragged about my taxes on 7.5 acres being only $1,205.00 last year, they dropped to $1,200.00 this year! What happpened to all of you this year in the City of Salisbury? I know in 2007 it's going to go through the roof with a Barrie Tilghman, Mike Dunn & Gary Comegys Tax Increase.

1 comment:

sparkly1 said...

I hope the Classics didn't violate the noise ordinance arriving to the car show. US 13 Dragway--this effects them how? I can't help but notice that with all of the trees that have been cut for development I can hear the noise from the strip more clearly.