Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Thursday, August 17, 2006

The City Of Salisbury Is A Scam!


If you're on the West side of the Government Building and you throw in 4 quarters into this meter you're only going to get 1 hour and NOT 2 hours!

If you park on Main Street and put in 4 quarters you'll get 2 hours. I hear there are places in the City you can only buy 1/2 hour on the meter.

The scam and illegal activity is the FACT that NONE of these meters tell you what you're going to get for your money and no matter what they'll accept your quarters and NOT give you the time you're paying for.

This is illegal and if they don't change it immediately and at least warn everyone what they're getting for their money, I'm going to personally sue the City for taking my money and not giving me the service I paid for. You might think this is petty but I can assure you this is costing everyone parking in these spots many thousands of dollars. They must post what you're paying for, period.

4 comments:

Myndful said...

Joe, I saw you parking today. I didn't have any problem with that meter two days ago, but I can check it out tomorrow.

p.s. what happened to the Hummer? Too many idjit drivers and criminals in the city?

swampcritter2 said...

Where is "Cool Hand Luke" when we need him?

joe albero said...

Myndful,

The problem is the fact that the meter is only useful for one hour. I truly expected it to be a two hour meter so I quickly threw in 4 quarters as I was running late. When I looked the meter only gave me one hour. I looked to see if there was any mention of how long you can get maximum on this particular meter there was nothing said other than one quarter gets you 1/2 hour. If I put in 4 quarters I should get 2 hours, anywhere in the City. It's a scam, period. They must disclose the meter will only give you 1 hour maximum.

Anonymous said...

The parking is Free over on Delaware Avenue. Park there and stroll over to the plaza, the scenery along the river is beautiful this time of year.
:o)