Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Saturday, May 30, 2020

Maryland to beef up contact tracing operation. Make sure you answer your phone.

Marylanders might soon receive phone calls from “MD COVID," and though it may be tempting to let it ring, the state’s reopening and recovery could depend on enough people answering.

The state has hired about 1,400 contact tracers tasked with tracking down those who have been exposed to the coronavirus as part of its plan to move the state toward a safe and complete reopening.

Gov. Larry Hogan has said, for weeks, that the state must deploy thousands of contact tracers to slow the spread of COVID-19, which has infected over 43,000 residents and killed more than 2,000 in Maryland. The contagious upper respiratory disease has wreaked havoc across the world, sickening millions and slowing the global economy.

In an attempt to move Maryland’s progress forward, the state has increased its contact tracing operation more than fivefold, according to a Thursday news release, though it was not immediately clear how many employees would work for the state and how many would carry out their duties from within local health departments.

More

16 comments:

Anonymous said...

I will wait to see if my favorite restaurant is open on the news. No contract tracing the government does not need to know where I go.

Anonymous said...

Sorry never have and never will answer numbers I don't know

Anonymous said...

Do not answer your phone! You’re insane if you willingly do contact tracing.

Anonymous said...

man the only person I had contact with was Jake Day and Julia Glanz you dont suppose?

Anonymous said...

🖕Hogan.

Anonymous said...

Block the number
Do not answer

Anonymous said...

if i dont know the number, i dont answer period. so good luck!

Anonymous said...

i don't pay my phone bill for their convenience so unless they pay my bill, forget it.

Anonymous said...

I'll answer and tell the caller it's none of their business. Bye

Anonymous said...

Slowely, they are conditioning the people to give up all their rights.

This started with the patriot act.

Old Man said...

Yea--Right. I certainly trust Hog-Ass Hogan and his little minion storm troopers. Just like I trust the FBI, NSA, CIA, and any other government official or non-official. I have removed myself from the government and their dictate---I am social distancing from the idiots.

Anonymous said...

Don't go Breaking out Rights under the Law & Constitution !!!

Next is Micro-chipping you !!!! you state SLAVE !!!

Anonymous said...

Not me!

Anonymous said...

When Maryland answers MY phone maybe I will think about answering
theirs !!!

Anonymous said...

when hogan supplies my phone and pays the bill then he can do what ever he wants till then....piss off!

Anonymous said...

When his Unemployment Phones Answer , is When I answer mine !!!
Screw Merryland !!!