Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Saturday, May 02, 2020

Dr. Daniel Murphy: I've worked the front line in NYC, it's time to start opening up

I’m an emergency physician at St. Barnabas Hospital in the Bronx. I have been in the ER every day these last few weeks, either supervising or providing direct care. I contracted a COVID-19 infection very early in the outbreak, as did two of my daughters, one of whom is a nurse. We are all well, thank God.

COVID-19 has been the worst health care disaster of my 30-year ­career, because of its intensity, duration and potential for lasting impact. The lasting impact is what worries me the most. And it’s why I now believe we should end the lockdown and rapidly get back to work.

From mid-March through mid-April, the ER staff at St. Barnabas huddled in groups of about 20 every morning. We asked ourselves what had happened over the previous shift. We generated a list of action­able tasks for the following 24 hours. At first, we addressed personal protective equipment and the management of patients with mild illness who were seeking COVID-19 tests.

Then came the wave of critically ill patients in numbers none of us had ever seen. This lasted for two weeks...

More

https://www.foxnews.com/opinion/coronavirus-front-line-nyc-daniel-murphy

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Let the trashing of another truth teller begin.....