Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Friday, March 20, 2020

A Viewer Writes......Pay It Forward

 Morning Joe,

Went to Food Lion out on 50 east near MVA earlier.
I had a list of items I wanted and found that half of that was gone /empty shelves.
So I went to check out.
There was a young lady came behind me with just one item.
I told her to please go ahead of me.
She paid with a credit card and stood there.
Not paying attention I had my items totaled for check out.
$25.90!! Had cash in hand when that young lady said to cashier “I got it”.
NO!! NO! I begged her No, let me pay her. NO!! I got it!!I’
I’ m 80 yo USN RET and totally in awe of her kindness.
I will Pay It Forward each time with her in mind.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good for that young lady, kindness plus.

Anonymous said...

What a great example of the random acts of kindness that show our humanity during a difficult time. There are blessings all around us. Let’s all try to see all the blessings and show others kindness, while we do all we can to stay at home and prevent rapid spread.
This is also a great opportunity to shop local at small stores. Many of the small markets still have plenty of fresh food.

Anonymous said...

Thank you for your service!!!! Keep paying it forward, especially in this time of crisis!!!!

Anonymous said...

Pass it on, Senior Chief!

Anonymous said...

80 year old in line next to a person that is likely a carrier of the fatal virus. 25 dollars isn’t worth it. I hope all will work out and everything is ok. However major risk. This is pandemic not Christmas.

Anonymous said...

Commendable, let’s pull together, we need each other.

Anonymous said...

Love to hear about kindness in these troubled times.

Anonymous said...

You should go crawl back under your miserable rock. Not EVERYONE has someone to do their errands or get their needs for them.
I think what the YOUNG person did was admirable and Thank You to the retired vet!