Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Saturday, July 20, 2019

The real reason why Trump distanced himself from 'Send her back' chants?

Trump-haters are rejoicing in what they see as a major fissure separating President Trump from his base over the Greenville, North Carolina rally's crowd chants of "send her back!" CNN carefully counted out 13 seconds between the beginning of the chant and Trump's resumption of his speech, thereby pinning responsibility for the chant on Trump.

So, when Trump stated his disagreement with the sentiment, after being asked about it during an impromptu Oval Office media availability…
KARL: "Mr. President, if I may, when your supporters last night were chanting 'Send her back,' why didn't you stop them? Why didn't you ask them to stop saying that?"
TRUMP: "Well, number one, I think I did. I started speaking very quickly. It really was a — I disagree with it, by the way. But it was quite a chant. And I felt a little bit badly about it, but I will say this: I did, and I started speaking very quickly. But it started up rather fast, as you probably noticed."
KARL: "You'll tell your supporters never to say it again?"
TRUMP: "Well, I would say that. I was not happy with it. I didn't agree with it. But again, I didn't say — I didn't say that, they did. But I disagree with it."
KARL: "But they were echoing what you said the first week, basically, that they should go back."
TRUMP: "Well, I don't think, if you examine it, I don't think you'll find that. But I disagree with it. Anybody else?"

More

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Damn, Trump haters just don't get it.

Anonymous said...

Nothing wrong in telling those Racists to GO BACK where
They came from !!! Period They are the Racists !!!!

America = Like it or Leave it Period !!!

Anonymous said...

This country better Keep those Haters OUT of congress !!!

Trump is doing Fine job for America !!! He Not the problem

How the Hell can Enemies like AOC & her Fab 4 ever get an
Elected job in this country in this or any other day & time ???

They would be Fired from a regular J O B & should be ,even
more so from an Elected one !!!

No difference from letting a Nazi in congress , same thing !!!

Anonymous said...

Yeah. He’s a Genius.

Anonymous said...

I don't believe the Trump supporters are going to stop chanting "send her back" because once you tell someone you can't do something (like freedom of speech) they will continue to do so and even more frequently. My opinion. Time will tell. MAGA

Anonymous said...

Send the Traitors BACK !!! Period

Anonymous said...

The Fab 4 were obviously Not Vetted before put in Office !!!

OATH KEEPERS for LIFE said...

She has ties with Hezbollah


Security needs to search her good...