Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Monday, October 01, 2018

Steve Hilton: Kavanaugh hearing shows divisive Democrats must be defeated before they destroy America

Millions of Americans have been deeply and emotionally engaged by Judge Brett Kavanaugh’s Supreme Court confirmation hearing and the astonishing spectacle that unfolded in the Senate Judiciary Committee.

It is absolutely right to say that we are in a vital cultural moment. Ending sexual misconduct and the abuse, exploitation and harassment of women by men is long overdue.

For as long as I can remember I have done what I can to uphold the principle of gender equality – not just in my own life and behavior, but where I’ve had the chance to be an advocate or shape policy too.

But we are also in a vital political moment. Just as we're moving in the right direction on gender equality, we're moving in the wrong direction when it comes to politics.

And sadly, one party is overwhelmingly to blame. We discovered that Thursday at the reopened Judiciary Committee confirmation hearing for Kavanaugh.

I came away from watching the hearing convinced that both Christine Blasey Ford – who accused Kavanaugh of attempting to rape her when they were high school – and Kavanaugh are two good people caught up in an ugly war. Kavanaugh said repeatedly that he has never sexually assaulted anyone.

When I watched that hearing Thursday something changed for me. I woke up to the truth about today's Democrat Party establishment.

More

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

We all need to encourage the people we know as unstable, to go and kill democrats. Tell them to listen to the voices in their heads about killing people, but it is Democrat people.

Anonymous said...

I think they have already destroyed America.