Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Saturday, November 25, 2017

Senate race pits Carozza vs Mathias

Hogan’s endorsement adds to announcement at rally

Delegate Mary Beth Carozza (R-38C) believes that her next calling is a place in the Maryland Senate and she’s challenging incumbent Sen. Jim Mathias (D-38) in the 2018 election to get there.

“For real and lasting change, Gov. (Larry) Hogan needs more team players in the Maryland Senate. As I’ve thought about the election, I believe I can do more for the shore as your senator,” Carozza told a crowd of supporters and public officials on Sunday at Ocean City Elementary School.

“I will continue to stand up with the governor and fight for you. I will always put the interest of the shore first.”

Carozza, 56, formerly served as a congressional, Defense Department and Governor’s Office staff member with roots with Ocean City. She handily won her first election in 2014 with 73 percent of the vote.

Hogan endorsed Carozza, characterizing her as a friend who has worked with him every step of the way, starting before he decided to run for office.

“When I formed Change Maryland [in 2013], one of the first people to reach out to me was Mary Beth. She sat down with me in my real estate office and told me the things that were bothering her,” he said. “It sounded a lot like the same reasons I was thinking about getting involved.”

More

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I agree that the dude from O.C. area should not have made it in office. I did not vote for him, but the good governor needs to work on getting the old liberals out of office. Kick Bush and Miller down the road. If for no reason other than they have been sucking at the government trough way too many terms.

Anonymous said...

12:31 to get things done in this state, we must get Mike and Mike out along with a few others. MaryBeth Carozza will get my support. Jim is a great person but the way he votes in Annapolis is not good for us. He voted along with Martin OMalley and the Mikes that gave us this mess in this state. Get them all out! Make Md great again.

Anonymous said...

She gets my vote.

Anonymous said...

Liberal Jim needs to join his buddy Normie in the unemployment line - for the same reason - - School-board cronyism!

Anonymous said...

It will be a landslide for Mary Beth !

Anonymous said...

I'm in with the rest of you guys, that dude from OC has GOT to go.

Anonymous said...

Anybody but Mathias.

Anonymous said...

Who will run for her seat as delegate?