Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Saturday, June 20, 2015

Planner OKs Easton medical marijuana growing facility

EASTON, Md. - The town planner in Easton has approved a medical marijuana growing facility planned in the Eastern Shore town.

Town planner Lynn Thomas has determined that a growing facility is an acceptable use for the former Black & Decker building, where agriculture is allowed.

CBD Wellness Group made a presentation to the Easton town council during a special workshop session earlier this month. John Pica Jr., who represents CBD Wellness Group, said CBD plans to apply for one of the 15 medical marijuana growing licenses the state will grant.

More

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

So is it agriculture or medicine?

Anonymous said...

Isn't that a decision that should be made by the town council, not an unelected employee of the town???

Anonymous said...

No

Anonymous said...

It's strictly a zoning issue. The council doesn't have any direct control.

Steve said...

Why not my yard? I have a garden. I'll just grow my own. I'm not paying the Man. It's either legal or it's not.

Anonymous said...

This means HUGE money for Easton. Medical Marijuana and the Hemp Industry is the way of the future. They will be 100bill a year industries in the very near future.

Anonymous said...

Keep politicians out of the process!

Anonymous said...

I would like to work there. Are they accepting any resumes?

Anonymous said...

I forget. ...

Anonymous said...

Are you a chemist?

Anonymous said...

I'm starving

Anonymous said...

I want to find out more about the cancer curing type.